Friday, July 1, 2011

Ice Painting

I came across this really easy, really cool thing to do this morning: ice painting! The set up is simple - just fill up an ice tray and then add several drops of food coloring into each compartment, then let it freeze up. I took the kids out back, stripped them down, gave them each a piece of card stock (NOT paper), and let them paint away. It was great! I even had fun with it! Granted, we all have stained hands (and, in Jacob's case, stained face, legs, arms, etc) but it was totally worth it. We had used up all my card stock and still had half melted ice cubes left so I just topped them off at the sink and stuck them back in the freezer for next time.This is what Lydia was doing the whole time. She's a good sport. And a good baby too, now that we're over that whole reflux thing!

1 comment:

MBoye said...

if you did the ice first and then the shaving cream maybe that would get rid of the "stain"