Friday, July 1, 2011

Shaving Cream Fun

This morning I got 2 cans of cheap-o shaving cream, 2 disposable roasting pans (buy 1 get 1 free, baby!), and some food coloring. Voila! Instant activity! Jacob and Lizzy had fun squishing the foam between their fingers and then adding in colors to mix up. Eventually Jacob wanted to quit - I think it was a texture thing 'cause he wanted to wash up after only a couple of minutes of playing in it. But Lizzy had a blast. She was making cakes and pies and then I gave her a paint brush and she pretended to paint for a while and then she found that she could bury plastic toys in the foam and dig them out like buried treasure... the fun never ends! And then the clean up became fun too! I just gave them a hose and let them rinse everything (including themselves) down. Jacob was REALLY into that part of the activity.Here is a video of Lizzy singing (something about Aurora) as she plays:

More shaving cream fun and chit chat:

No comments: