Ok here are a couple more activities I've done with Lizzy and Jacob (mostly Liz.) I've been wanting to work more on beginning reading concepts with Lizzy this summer but I wanted to make sure that the activities were fun enough so that she wouldn't hate doing them. First I bought some cardstock ABCs from a local teacher supply store. I would have her help me spell words and work on sounding them out. Each time she spelled/read a word I gave her an M&M. Jacob's game was finding the letters I asked for. At first he had a hard time finding one letter at a time amongst the 25 others, but he did much better once I gave him about 8 to look through. I plan on laminating the letters and then maybe making them into magnets to take on road trips along with a cookie sheet.
1 comment:
Katy, just to let you know...you're the greatest! Seriously...you inspire me!
Post a Comment