Tuesday, January 6, 2009

For the love of Who


Ok, I don't know how many people around here know about Doctor Who, but I am just in love with this show. It's a BBC Sci-Fi series that started way back in the early 60's, lasted into the 80's, died off, and then was reborn in 2005. It's all about a man (Time Lord, is the technical term, but let's not get into that right now) who has a space/time machine and travels throughout galaxies and times saving people and defeating bad guys. Because he can travel anywhere and to any time the plots are pretty much endless. And, instead of dying he just "regenerates" so the show can go on and on even though the actors may come and go. Pretty good planning on the writers' parts! I'm not usually not a Sci-Fi kinda gal, but I can't get enough of Doctor Who! If you've never heard of it before you should really check it out! So this is my little shpeel dedicated to Doctor Who in the hopes of spreading the love. :)

3 comments:

Lana said...

You'd fit right in here in the U.K. People watch the good Dr. religiously... of course, there's a nasty rumour that the current Dr. Who actor is quitting and nobody is excited about that. Shall I send you some action figures for your bday? ;-)

Nicole said...

My dad loves this show, otherwise I wouldn't have heard of it! I wish we got cable, so many great shows, so little time. I'll have to get your tips on keeping Elle in a big girl bed alone...Thanks for all your nursery help!

America said...

I'm hooked.... thanks so much. Now, I just need to work on Justin....