Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas, Finally

Christmas at Last!
I know you've all been eagerly awaiting my pictures from Christmas, but fret no longer! I have gotten around to it at last! We went to Texas to visit my family for the holidays. My parents live near San Antonio as do my sister Amy and her husband Justin. So it's always nice for me to go back home because everybody else is already there!

Here's Lizzy with Uncle Justin. She LOVES him!
We went to the Brass Pro Shop a couple of days before Christmas. Dad and Clint tried on the spiffy hats. They look natural in them, don't you think?
Granddad protecting Lizzy from the lions...
Lizzy and me on some sort of ATV. She's about as much of a dare devil as I am!

On Christmas Eve my parents invited a few friends and family members to come hang out. Clint's sisters both live in the San Antonio area so they were able to stop by including Baby David who was only a couple of weeks old.
Me and my whole family! Small, yes, but we're twice the size we used to be 4 years ago!
Christmas morning! Santa brought Lizzy and Jacob a red wagon which Lizzy sat in for most of the morning.
In my family we drag Christmas morning out for as long as possible. We even take an intermission halfway through to eat breakfast before continuing on with the opening of the presents. Here's what the living room looked like around 8:30 while everyone took a break.
Trying the wagon out for a ride with Granddad taking pictures.

Jacob sitting in the wagon during Christmas dinner.
It was a wonderful Christmas and, I'm not gonna lie, I'm sad to be getting back to "real life" again. But it was sure fun while it lasted!

4 comments:

Lana said...

I'm so proud of you! Proper English Christmas cracker crowns and everything! How fun. I'm entirely jealous of how nice the weather looked...

aidanjordan said...

Love the pics! Glad you all had a great Christmas!

Lexi said...

That's the cutest Christmas baby ever!

America said...

Good times... happy memories.... Sigh...