NOT SLEEPY
Any parent will agree when I say that going to bed and going to sleep are two totally different things. Lizzy's bed time is 7:00 but lately we've been having issues. She has been sleeping in a "big girl bed" for a few months now and (mostly) we've had no problems with it. However, for the past couple of nights after we go through the whole bed time routine she'll sneak back out at least 2 or 3 more times. I have kept her port-a-crib up in her room for just such occasions and it's been put to good use lately. This evening I told Clint not to even bother putting her down in her big bed. Sure enough, 15 minutes later I heard her crying in her room. After taking her to the bathroom (again) I decided to turn on her lamp and give her a pile of books to read. She sat there in her bed for an hour reading those books, happy as a clam! I would go in and check on her every 10 minutes or so and finally, on my 5th check in, she told me she was ready to go to sleep. She laid down and pulled her blanket up over her head and that was that. That was easy! Maybe she'll even sleep in later tomorrow morning...

2 comments:
Sounds like me as a kid- I read until I fell asleep. Sometimes with my bedside light still on! It looks like Lizzy might be a reader too- just wait until she discovers Harry Potter for herself! ;-)
Remember dragging books in the car with us anytime we went anywhere? I still do that- and you still do it with a crossword puzzle book. Lizzy can't help being a book worm too!! :)
Post a Comment