
Little C.J. was big eyed as usual. Sweet little guy.



Liz and I built a small snowman in the front yard.

Then we made a bigger snowman in the back a little later on. I asked Lizzy what we should name him. She gave it some thought and then said, "Snowman." "What about Frosty?" I asked. Her eyes got huge and she said, "Frosty the SNOWMAN!?!?" I think she just now figured out what that song is about. And, whatdya know, now we have Frosty the Snowman living in our very own backyard! (Notice that Liz doesn't have any mittens on? That's because she only has 2 pairs and she had already soaked through both pairs and they were in the dryer. We didn't stay out much longer after I took this picture!)

This video pretty much sums up Lizzy's attitude after being in the cold for 3 minutes. There was more to her plea, but my camera ran out of batteries so this is all I got. She went on to explain that we needed to go home and have some dinner. (It was about 8:30 am at this time.) Still, you get the idea.
It was a great morning. The only thing that could have made it better would be if Clint could have been home with us. He kept texting me things like "It's snowing!" and "Build a snowman!" Hopefully there will still be snow on the ground by the time he gets home this evening...

6 comments:
What a cute Frosty you guys made in the back yard! I was so excited to see the snow, I felt like a little kid too! Troy asked me if I took Peyton out but he has no mittens or a jacket {I know- bad Mom, right?} so we just adnired from the window. I snuck out of the house to take a few of my own pictures and to get kissed by the snowflakes. Looks like you got to have a lot of fun in it! Not too much longer and we'll have a yard too. Can't wait!
Ha, I love it, isn't it so fun?! And I especially love this as a follow up to your post right before it! Crazy weather we're having! But it makes me feel a little more "right" with Christmas approaching. I love your pictures, especially the one of Lizzy looking out the window and your snowman is very impressive!
The girls loved seeing Lizzy in the videos. Ellie and Anna are still waiting patiently for snow here.
Wow- snow! Why go to Utah when you can live in LA and get snow.... :) Poor Lizzy being so cold and wanting to 'go home.' And Jacob looks awed by the whole experience. What fun!!
I love that you had just posted about the flowers blooming on your bush, and then we have snow! Crazy, huh? The snowman is so cute!
SO UNFAIR! I read your post about "not very Christmasy" and was going to respond with a pic of our front garden (we have roses in bloom) and then you got snow! I'm so jealous! We live 100 times further north than you but we don't have snow in England and you got snow in LA. Argh! Hopefully we'll find some up in Scotland!
Post a Comment