Yesterday morning the kids and I drove 20 minutes down the road to Bobrooks Farm to pick some berries. I can't believe we live so close to such a cool place! I had been here once before, in October with Jake's kindergarten class on a field trip but that was with 100 5 year olds to look at pumpkins. The berry picking section was new to me. 
We picked blackberries first - whoppers! The kids are into Yahtzee lately so they kept saying things like, "This one's a Large Straight berry!" and "Well this one's a Full House!" I'm sure our fellow berry pickers were shooting us strange looks. Luckily there were only like 2 other people there to hear my weirdo kids!
I loved the little pales they gave the kids to collect their berries. We talked a lot about the book "Blueberries for Sal" and the "plink plink" sound the berries made when they hit the bottom.
Blueberries were next. Lots of blueberry bushes - we only made it up and down 2 rows.
When we got home the kids sorted the berries for me and later on I made some blueberry muffins and a peach and blackberry cobbler. What a great experience! We need to go back asap!
No comments:
Post a Comment