But we finally got ourselves a second vehicle! Most of you reading my blog know that we have been a one-car family for over 5 years. I gave up my car when we got married so we wouldn't have to make car payments on it and at that time we only needed one car. But over the past 5+ years I have been more and more frantic to get some other form of transportation.
(If you have ever had to wake up at 3:30 am, breast feed a newborn, make sure your 2 year old goes potty, then drive half an hour to and from your husband's work to drop him off only to come back home and realize that your kids are now wide awake and there is no chance of any of you getting any more sleep and then having to spend the rest of the day trying to get all your grocery shopping and other miscellaneous chores done before you have to make the drive back in traffic to pick your husband back up from work... you'll know what we've been having to work with!)
I was insistent that we get something that seats more than 5 (since I didn't really want to cram 3 car seats in a row for who knows how long) and Clint was insistent that we not spend too much money so this is what we ended up with. Is it my dream car? Not by a long shot. Am I still tickled to death to have a second car? Absolutely!
All in all, YAY for a new van!!!
5 comments:
hip, hip, hooray... it is perfect!!!! and when we come home, you'll have enough space for my two girls! yay!!! ;)
I brought Harold to work two days in a row - total avg time per day spent in just playing chauffeur was about 3 hrs... that's PER day! grrr!!!
ps: love the color - that's what I want, a white car. :)
Wahoo! And I do happen to know just how badly you've bene wanting this! :) I'm so happy for you, you mini van driving mother of {almost} 3!!
Hallelujah and congratulations! No more cabin fever;)
How exciting - so what kind of van is it? We are starting to think about what we will buy when we move back to the States next year.
Woo hoo!!!
Post a Comment