This past Saturday our primary had an Activity Day. The theme was "Time Travel Through the Scriptures" and we planned to have the kids meet characters from scripture stories.

First we had the kids meet in the airport to receive instructions and guidelines for proper travel. We also divided them into 3 different groups. From there we took the kids onto their airplane (LDS Air) to travel back in time. We had four different rooms set up: Doctrine and Covenants, Book of Mormon, New Testament, and Old Testament.

In the Old Testament room we had 3 gentlemen tell the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego - the room was decorated to look like the inside of the fiery furnace. Mindy Giles was in charge of this room and, while it was a BUGGER to put up, it was by far the most amazing! The kids made little paper cut outs of the three men in the fire.


Our New Testament room featured 3 disciples who told stories of the miracles of Jesus. The kids were given Swedish fish to eat.


Captain Moroni told the story of the Title of Liberty in the Book of Mormon room. The kids were able to make their own titles of liberty to take home.


In the Doctrine and Covenants room the kids learned about the miracle of the seagulls. We had a sister in the ward tell the story in a room decorated to look like the inside of a log cabin. The kids decorated grasshopper masks and were given a packet of seeds (mini M&Ms) to take.

One and a half hours later we returned from our time travel journey just in time for their parents to pick them up. All in all it was a great activity and I think everybody had fun.

Here I am with my counselors and secretary (the flight attendants) - all of whom put the whole thing together. I am very blessed to have such wonderful girls to work with! Thank you!!
4 comments:
What a great idea for an activity! I bet you're an amazing primary president! Tell Mindy I say hi!
I'm exhausted just reading about it. But well done, you!
You guys are awesome! I'm sad the girls missed it...looks incredible.
Email me the picks and we can put them on the bulletin if you want
Seriously, this was an amazing activity! I was so impressed with all that I was told about it (and now all the pictures I've seen). We appreciate so much all of the work you do for these kids. You are awesome! And I do think the success of the activity was definitely all the better with Garrett's floral robes. :)
Post a Comment