We finally finished our driveway. When we moved into our home the driveway was "gravel". I use this term loosely because most of the actual pebbles were gone and the grass had all but taken over the area. It was an eye sore. It has taken me over 3 years to get around to it but I finally coerced Clint into helping me pull up the grass and pay for new rocks. Because Clint is gone most every day I was in charge of ordering the gravel - this ended up being very confusing to me. (Lots of "How many tons do you want?" and "What kind of rock do you want?? No. You're going to want this." and "How many inches deep do you need?" and finally "You're looking at about 11 tons. At 35.99 a ton. Plus the delivery fee.") Anyway, a couple of days and some seriously sore muscles later we finally have a nice driveway!
I tried to locate some before pictures so you can compare but apparently I didn't take many pictures of the front of my house. Probably owing to the fact that the driveway was so ugly. :)
Before:









7 comments:
Good Job! It looks great! Isn't it great to check something off the to-do list?
Wow, it looks fab! I bet your neighbours are all really impressed. Wish I had an outdoor project like that to do... I'm bored out of my head these days.
I remember and it looks great!!! yay!!! now that the driveway is finished, my sis is gone and bella in school, can you come out and play? haha. miss you guys! let's plan a date soon. :)
Wow- it looks great! I'm very impressed... and is that little Lizzy in the first picture?? She looks like a munchkin!
That's exciting that you finished it! It looks great!
it looks great - even better than I had imagined!
Wow, it looks so good!! Congratulations on finishing it! I love before and after home improvement projects :) (although I don't really have any of my own)
Post a Comment