Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lizzy's Ark

Since it was raining all morning I decided we should play Noah's Ark. I took a ton of stuffed animals from my kids' rooms, wrote them all down on a piece of paper, and spread them out all over the house. I then took the animal checklist I had made and had Lizzy find the animals as I read them off. Her job was to locate the animals and put them into the ark (aka the couch) before the rain came. She LOVED this game! It was a fun way to spend the morning and it was easy to put together (and clean up considering she basically was picking up all the toys that I had strewn everywhere)! I'll have to do it again soon.
Finding the skunk!

All are safely gathered in!

Lizzy wanted to sort through the animals again once they were all on board... We had to make sure everybody was accounted for!

Jakey was pretty happy with the kangaroo.
Of course, then he discovered the fun game of drop-my-pacifier-behind-the-couch-and-say-"uh oh". That occupied him for a good part of the morning.
Two busy kids + 1 couch + 2 chairs + several stuffed animals = 1 happy mommy!

2 comments:

Laura Ferry-Jimenez said...

too cute! I on the other hand played "how many chips can your children eat while they watch tv?" haha. welcome back - lets get together soon!!! xoxo.

Lana said...

Perfect timing, with school getting out next week I will need many new ideas to entertain my children!