Thursday, April 17, 2008

Way Back When...

Way Back When...

I realized recently that many of my friends who visit this blog have only known us since we moved to New Orleans and have had Lizzy so I decided to do a little recap to fill you all in on the pre-Louisiana McCready's. 2003: We started dating up in Provo, Utah. Clint was my home teacher and lived right across the parking lot. The picture at the top is the first glimpse my family had of my new boyfriend when I emailed it home.
2003-2004: Still dating...


December 2004: Clint finally proposed! I was teaching music at Grandview Elementary School at the time. That morning I unlocked my classroom door to find red hearts and roses hanging by strings all over the ceiling! They were everywhere!! I called Clint up right away but he wouldn't answer his phone so I had to go the whole day long wondering what was going on. The last class of the day was a kindergarten class - the only class that I didn't teach in my own classroom. I walked into their room to find 24 kindergarteners sitting quietly, each holding a carnation. (As if that wasn't unsettling enough there were also 4 or 5 teachers sitting at the back of the room with cameras and video cameras!) Still, nobody would tell me what was happening. After the children came up in turn to give me their flowers I went ahead with my lesson. About half way through Clint walked in the door. He proceeded to show a jewelry box to the kids and asked them if they could guess what was inside... smart children - they knew right off! And then my sweetheart proposed to me. In front of classroom of five-year-olds, and a slew of recording devices! :)
June 2005: We were married in the San Antonio Temple. (These pictures are some of our engagement pix taken up near Bridal Falls in Provo.)

2005-2006: We stuck around Provo for one more year while Clint finished up his undergrad at BYU. The picture above is of some friends of ours at a Harry Potter Halloween dinner we had in my classroom. (I always decorated my classroom to look like Hogwarts for Halloween. )

August 2006: We moved to Metairie so Clint could start medical school at LSU.
October 2006: Elizabeth Noel was born!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

It is always fun to hear how couples got together. Thanks for sharing your story. I loved the pictures too. We're so glad you're here in New Orleans with us!

Sharlyn said...

Oh..such fun memories! Remember Mana? HaHa :) We sure miss you guys and wish we lived closer! How are you feeling?

aidanjordan said...

I love the pics! You guys are so cute!

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

What a cute little family! Thanks for sharing your story!!

Jeni said...

That is so awesome...Aaron always talks about how cool Clint is. Now I understand why:)

Melissa said...

How cute. I love seeing old pictures.

Lexi said...

I loved hearing your proposal story- very cool. I think it's funny that he waited until the very end of the day but you knew something was up with all of those hearts dangling from the ceiling! All of the 'old' pictures are fun too. I love trips down memory lane- even when it's not my lane! ;-)