Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fourth of July McCready Style

 No don't get overexcited folks. When I say "McCready Style" I mean super laid-back. I had taken the three kids on a trip to visit my family in San Antonio and had just returned the previous afternoon so none of us were really in the mood for going anywhere or doing much of anything. However, I did have the foresight to buy some fireworks while we were in Texas! And by "fireworks" I mean Pop Pops, little tanks, Black Snakes, a handful of sparklers, and a few other small-ish things.

Clint tried to get the kids to help light some of the items. Lizzy was nervous as you can tell by the fact that her finger is in her mouth. (We're working on that.)
And here she is throwing down the lighting stick and taking off like a shot with Clint at her heals.

Then it was Jacob's turn. He was NOT keen on doing this. Again, as soon as the wick was lit he just about flew to the other side of the back porch.

There he is with Lizzy running away. My brave soldiers.

Lydia was interested but she had a bad cold and had watermelon juice all over her blouse so I didn't take many pictures of her. Cute but not exactly presentable.

 I love these next two pictures because they sum up the experience with Jacob. There is Clint holding a match and trying to coax Jacob into helping him light the tank. Jacob is trying to run off again. I think it must have been at least 5 times in a row where Jake would touch the lighting stick to the fuse and then run off before anything lit. Clint had to drag him back time and time again. Clint was getting frustrated. I thought it was hilarious.

Finally he stuck around long enough to actually light the firework off! And then he ran.

 See that nasty Black Snake that Lizzy's looking at? See how it's on top of a stone paver? That's because Clint didn't believe me when I told him that lighting the first one on top of my plastic flower pot base would melt the plastic... Clint told me the huge hole is good for drainage.

 More Black Snakes. Jacob liked these because they were quiet.

And the morning after. Happy Fourth!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Your kids are freakin' darling! Happy summer to you!