I can't tell you how excited I am! I have been looking for a piano that my meager savings to afford for at least seven years. I would save up some money and then, when I didn't find a piano, I'd spend it on things like Disney World or Christmas presents and then I'd start saving again but I never seemed to be able to find a good, inexpensive piano... Until yesterday!! While my parents were visiting I (on a whim) got onto Craig's List to browse and see if there was anything remotely available. There in front of me third listing from the top was a little Spinnet piano for sale for $400 plus it was recently tuned and the guy would deliver it for free! Too good to be true right? Well I called the guy and left a message and then I emailed him and left another message. Later that morning we drove to shop at the outlet mall in Gonzales (about an hour away). While we were there the piano guy called me back and invited me to come check out the piano that evening! Granted, his shop was in the lower ninth ward in New Orleans but still... So, at 6:00 my dad and I drove down into the ghettos of N.O. to meet the man and check out the keys. It played well, it had all the parts (minus a bench but I can live with that), and it was practically free! AND I didn't have to transport it! So arrangements were made and the piano was delivered to my house this afternoon. The man re-tuned it for me for free and polished it. So, for $400 I have finally found myself a piano! My prayers have been full of gratitude!


No comments:
Post a Comment