Monday, January 17, 2011

Playing Tour Guides

This past weekend we had some dear friends come visit us from Utah. Clint and I have known Fernando and Candace since college so it was really fun to have them come visit us for a few days. One of the best parts about having out of town guests is getting to play tour guides. We were able to take them to some of the fun places in the New Orleans area that we hardly visit ourselves.

Here are some of the pictures Fernando took. I won't even pretend to pass them off as my own.

We took them to: The Sculpture Gardens and New Orleans Museum of Art,Oak Alley Plantation,

On the
ferry across the river and back, the The French Quarter, and to the National World War II Museum
.
Lizzy made friends with another little girl in front of the cathedral in Jackson Square. Here they are dancing together with the street performers in the background.
We had such fun seeing old friends and we hope they'll come back again soon.

7 comments:

Laura Ferry-Jimenez said...

please tell me you had a po-boy! ;)

(if not, I insist you drive down to Short Stop, on the corner of Transcontinental & Airline, and order a "king size, dressed, roast beef" po-boy. you will love me for it!!!)

mccready's said...

Fernando had a po-boy, and I had my very first mufaletta... and fell in love. I can't believe I've lived here for 4 1/2 years and never had one before. It was divine!

Laura Ferry-Jimenez said...

oooh, mufalettas! I was telling my coworkers about them and they looked at me as if I was insane. haha. hope yours was warm and toasty with melted cheese!

we hope to be in town for Spring Break - the plan is to make New Orleans a pit stop on the way to somewhere. no clue where but at least we'll be in Nola for two weekends. yay!

Ortiz Family said...

i love being a tour guide when people come in town. you get to do fun things and eat good food. looks like ya'll had a good time.

Lindsey said...

love, love, love your cute belly. you look great!

aidanjordan said...

I love being a tour guide and doing all the fun things you don't normally get to do because you would feel lame and touristy doing them. You look great!

Fernando Camilo said...

We loved our tour guides. We had so much fun!!! And your kids are the best kids ever. I loved playing basketball jones with Jacob and giving all of Lizzy's dolls shots (on both arms at times). What a super fun trip. And the food. Oh, Louisiana, how I love your food. You guys are the best. Thanks for being such good hosts.