Sunday, August 1, 2010

Two Years OLD

Jacob's birthday was on Friday, the 30th of July, but we didn't celebrate it until Sunday because Clint was on call on Friday and sleeping most of Saturday. Normally people say "I can't believe my child is __ years old already!" I actually don't feel that way. Not that I haven't completely enjoyed having Jakey around these past 2 years - he's delightful and I love him dearly! It just seemed like it was about time that he was turning 2! He has a pretty good vocabulary going on and he's outgrowing naps, he is just as physically coordinated as his older sister, and lately he has been giving us glimpses of "The Terrible Twos" so I was ready for this. He had a fun day... lots of toys, lots of attention, and a cake with candles that he actually was able to blow out by himself. Happy Birthday, Jacob, you silly boy!

Presents this year included:

Tee-ball setLots of trains and tracks!

A Jump-o-lene (in the background there)A cool Batman trike
(can't quite reach the pedals yet but he's really close!)
Here he is puffing at his candles. He's so funny!

"I did it, Lizzy!"

3 comments:

Ortiz Family said...

don't you mean is birthday was the 30th of july? hahaha...anyway, he is so cute! Happy Birthday Jacob!

mccready's said...

Haha! Good grief! Yes, it was in July. Where is my brain??

Becky T said...

Happy birthday Jacob! He's such a cutie pie and I have loved hearing him talk as of late--he really does have a good vocabulary, it's so cute!