Thursday, May 6, 2010

This week's project

I made my first quilt. I taught myself with the help of some random clips from YouTube so it's far from flawless but at least it's completed and I learned a lot by making it. I probably should have started off with a little baby quilt or even a doll-sized quilt but I dove right in and made one big enough for us to have picnics on. I really had a good time making it and I want to try another one soon! Yes, Jacob is sitting on my brand new quilt with an Oreo in his hand and Lizzy has Oreo remnants all over her face. I am out of my mind but I thought just posting a picture of the quilt alone would look boring so I made my kids sit on it - cookies and all.

3 comments:

Laura Ferry-Jimenez said...

amazing!!!

I used to want to quilt and make one out of all my old tees. than katrina came and I lost my sewing machine. and my tees. have I mentioned that I don't like katrina? haha.

I saw two cute quilts - one for a boy made out of his daddy's old dress shirts. so cool!! and I saw one once of a quilt made of old outfits worn since the lady was a baby. very sweet!!!

MBoye said...

looks good (I was wondering what was wrong with Lizzy's mouth!)

Andrew and Candice Heaton said...

You did it all in a week? That sounds like a project that I would start in March and abandon in June. Good work, it looks great!