Friday, October 16, 2009

3 Years Old

Lizzy's birthday was on Wednesday so we had just a few of her girl friends over for a tea party. She had been asking for a tea party for a while now and it ended up being a really cute theme for a bunch of 2 and 3 year olds.

Our friends at the bakery nearby gave Lizzy the book If You Give a Cat a Cupcake and then gave her several mini cupcakes to ice and decorate at her party.


When the little girls arrived I gave each one a hat. I had their moms help them pick out flowers and ribbons and then hot glue them onto their fancy hats. I was amazed that nobody burned themselves. (Of if they did I didn't hear about it.)




Here is her friend Anna in the hat she made. I couldn't get her to smile for the life of me. Mostly she just looks annoyed that I'm taking her picture. :) Oh well!


After the hats were made the little girls made necklaces.


Finally we served them raspberry lemonade in teacups along with their cupcakes and some fruit.


All the girls sat at the table and drank their "tea" and were perfect ladies!




It was an extra special occasion because my parents came into town for the party. We have loved having Grandmom and Grandad here!


I just love this picture of Emily! She is stylin!


Lizzy had so much fun. Yesterday she informed me that her next birthday was next week. I don't think so...


Playing with her new dress up clothes after the party.




Unfortunately, Clint was gone for most of the day. He had been on call the night before so by the time he did get home he was functioning off of 15 minutes sleep in almost 2 days. He did, however, stay awake long enough to have some cupcakes with us and play with Lizzy for a little while.

All in all it was a great day and I couldn't be happier that I have such a sweet, obedient, and happy 3 year old.

5 comments:

America said...

Sweet girl. Wish I had been there. Looks like ya'll had so much fun!!

Lana said...

I have a couple of comments. First, why can't I have a sweet, obedient 3-year-old? I'm 0 for 2 right now... And second, how perfectly ENGLISH you are! ...Having a tea party and wearing "bonnets."

Laura Ferry-Jimenez said...

what a sweet post - I'm with Lana, no obedient girls here! haha.

love, love, LOVE that clint stayed up to hang with lizzy. that's the best gift - a daddy to care for you. harold was functioning on a two-hr nap in 2 days for our party, too! oops! haha. it is almost over, right? :)

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday to Lizzy! What a fun idea! I bet she and all the girls just loved it! I love the hats. They are so cute! Oh, and Lizzy's hair is adorable! Did that take a long time?
Good luck with the Primary program tomorrow. I'm sure it will go great!

Becky T said...

What a PERFECT party for a sweet little girl. How darling! Seeing all those little girls sitting nicely at the table eating their cupcakes and drinking their "tea" makes me see what a difference in boys and girls. You'd never see that at a birthday party at my house, boys are way too wild!

We love Lizzy, though, and I have to agree-she is a very obedient and nice little girl. She's been taught well, that's for sure!

And great work on the primary program. Give yourself a pat on the bag, it was fabulous!!