Friday, March 6, 2009

Hanging Out at Grandmom and Grandad's House Part I

Our Trip to Texas Part IThe kids and I are spending a couple of weeks in San Antonio visiting my family right now. Both of my parents and my sister work for the school district and have next week off for spring break so I thought it would be fun to spend some time with them. Instead of flying alone with both children (like I did last time I came by myself) we opted to meet in the middle - Beaumont, as it turned out. It was about a 4 hour trip from New Orleans and a 5 hour drive from San Antonio. Staying in a hotel helped to break up the long, long, long drive. And, since the hotel had a pool, it ended up being really fun!
Swimming with Grandmom in the hotel pool.

Watching Cinderella before bed time. Again.

Hanging out at Aunt Brenda's house in Houston on our way over to San Antonio.

Playing with Auntie Amy!
Watching cartoons in the morning. Both are enthralled. :)


Pretty sure this is my favorite picture of Jacob right now. He's looking more and more like a little boy instead of an infant! Especially with his little hat on!Going on walk with everybody around the block. You can't really see them, but way off in the distance there are a ton of deer. That's what everybody is looking at - not just the brown grass!

Hat twisting around but still holding his pacifier in!

So that's where we are so far on this trip. More to come later!

5 comments:

Laura Ferry-Jimenez said...

so that where the McCready gang is hiding! lucky you! is clint going to do an away-rotation there next year? harold's probably going to be in dallas the whole month of nov since it's his #2 choice as of now. unfortunately for me, Isabella will be in Kindergarden so don't think I can go. :( there's thanksgiving break in there too that's why he picked that month, so at least it won't be a WHOLE month away from us. anyway, this is a REALLY long comment, huh? haha. take care!

Lana said...

aw, your kids are so cute.. and little jake is looking so grown up! I miss you.

Amy said...

I can't believe that you were in Houston and didn't stop by to say Hi! Oh the nerve of some people. Only joking. I hope that you guys have fun in San Antonio, it's always fun to see family.

Matt said...

Such cute pictures! I've been wondering where you were, I hadn't seen you for a bit. How fun to spend time with your family!!

Lexi said...

Jacob is cracking me up in that picture with your sister- he looks really surprised! Looks like a nice little break you guys had.