This week was pretty fun for us! With the start of December Lizzy began opening her advent calendar gifts up on the wall. I really liked this idea, I think I stole it from Martha Stewart, because it's a twist on the traditional advent calendar and it was inexpensive. I used mostly old boxes from around the house and from past Christmases and put small trinkets in each one and then numbered them and hung them on our wall. They make a nice little Christmas decoration in our home too! So far she has a Matching card game, dress up shoes, a small notebook, a pen, and stickers. Today she found Junior Mints in the number 6 box. (We all enjoyed that present!)

Monday marked the beginning of solid foods for Jacob. (Or CJ as we're thinking about nick naming him... it's still a work in progress...) He wasn't sure what was going on, as you can see by his concerned face in this first shot. But he LOVED rice cereal and gobbled it up!



I had made a set of nativity scene paper dolls and laminated them for Lizzy to play with. Her rendition of the Christmas story is hilarious. I made a video but I think it may be too long to put on here. Suffice it to say that it involved hugging Mary and a shepherd while saying, "You guys, I'm so happy to see you guys!" She's a riot.




Then last night was the Jefferson Ward Christmas party. It was also Lizzy's first encounter with Santa. I think it went pretty well. Jake got to take a picture with Santa too, but he was more interested in the Christmas tree nearby.


8 comments:
I want to be like you! That advent calendar is the cutest thing I have seen all season. What a great idea.
I can't believe how big Jake and Lizzy are getting. I think you should put up the video of Lizzy telling the Christmas story...I want to see it! :)
Do you have a pattern for that nativity set? My girls would LOVE something like that to play with.
You are so creative. I love the nativity set and advent calendar. Just one question: How did you attach the boxes to the wall? I want to use this idea next year! Thanks for sharing.
I second Sharlyn - put up the video! And LOVE the advent calendar on the wall, like Lindsey I too want to know - how did you hang them? This week was crazy but we rarely left the house. Bella only made it to school twice! Will fill ya in later... we need to get together soon!
Ok, I got the paper doll template from this website: http://www.makingfriends.com/f_Friends.htm
I just printed them up, colored them in with colored pencils, then taped on the outfits I liked and had them laminated. They're great!
Also, I ended up just hanging the gifts up by nailing to the wall with pins. I originally tried sticky tack, but it didn't take long for me to realize that they wouldn't stay up with that stuff.
Wow, Katy! You're amazingly creative. How fun it would be to live at your house! I remember you telling me about your advent calendar when I ran into you at Target...it ended up turning out awesome! We are so lucky Tyler gets to benefit from your amazingness in primary! :)
Love, love, LOVE the advent calendar!!! So cute!
I also love that Lizzie's nails are painted, and can't believe Jake is already starting solids. Where does time go?
I'm so glad I get to benefit from your amazingness in Primary!! I love your fun ideas!
Post a Comment